Volunteer Action Center Board Applications are now available here
Dream B.I.G. Student Coordinator Position Descriptions Here (Dream B.I.G. Student Coordinator application process is now included with the VAC Board selection, use the application above to apply to serve with Dream B.I.G.)
- Interest Session: February 18th ARKU 503
- Applications are due: March 7th 12:00 PM ARKU A643
- Interviews are: Sunday March 9th-Thursday March 13th
- Acceptance Notification: Thursday March 19th
- Board Shadowing Begins: Thursday April 3rd 5:00 pm
- New Board Installed: Thursday May 1, 2014
The purpose of the Center for Community Engagement (CCE) is to promote civic engagement and leadership by connecting University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff with nonprofit organizations in the Northwest Arkansas area and beyond.
Mission Statement: Empowering students through service to change the world.
Vision Statement: To cultivate students’ strengths, facilitate their learning in order to identify societal needs, and empower them to create solutions to those needs through service.
In order to serve this purpose, the CCE maintains volunteer.uark.edu which enables volunteers to search for agencies and service projects. It allows users to log service hours and earn opportunities for community recognition, such as the President's Volunteer Service Award.
NWA agencies and University of Arkansas registered student organizations also utilize the site to post service opportunities and recruit volunteers. Over 170 organizations are registered on the site, such as Habitat for Humanity, the U of A Friday Night Live program and Potter’s House Thrift.
The CCE also houses the Volunteer Action Center, a student led volunteer coordination board with 30 members who are dedicated to active service in the community. Each year the VAC provides meaningful service opportunities through events and ongoing projects that engage the university and NWA communities.
1. Drop by the Center for Community Engagement, Arkansas Union Rm. A643, and chat with the office’s great staff and students!
2. Look for service opportunities on volunteer.uark.edu and log your hours. Just one hour makes you a VAC Volunteer!
3. Participate in events hosted by VAC and CCE throughout the year.
4. Become a VAC board member in the spring.